First piece of t10!

It was with great excitement yesterday that Rades became the new owner of the Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Headpiece (what a stupid name), the first piece of t10 I have on either of my mains. At the high, high price of 95(!) Emblems of Frost, it took a lot of saving up but after knocking out the weekly raid yesterday (Razuvious) I finally had enough.

Of course, since it's Hunter gear this became an hour long examination of the various t9, t10 Triumph and Frost emblem gear possibilities and what I hoped to attain in the future. Right now my goal is to get the extremely nice 2-pc t10 set bonus, and fill the rest with Triumph or Frost emblem level gear (the 2-pc t9 set bonus is garbage for BM). The t10 set bonus is nice, but it seems only 50% beneficial to non-MM hunters, so I think I would rather use the Frost emblems on non-set gear like the drool-worthy Band of the Night Raven.

Even after the new helm, Mardak is still better geared than Rades...but Rades will always be my "true" main. I realized this again yesterday as I was running through all the gearing & stat options in my head - with Rades it's always a careful analysis of "if X then Y but what if Z..." where as with Mardak it tends to be "Does it give me more Haste & Spellpower? Yes? Done." Part of this is because with Rades I know I have to squeeze every bit of DPS out of the "lesser" BM spec as possible to be competitive...but it's also simply that I care more on Rades.

The helmet itself is...interesting. I'm not a huge fan of the weird rhino-horn style, but I know players that absolutely love it. It's...different, that's for sure. I wish it was more metal or mail looking though - it looks like Rades has a freaking wood saddle strapped to his noggin.

The glowing eyes are kinda neat though, they look pretty cool.

What about from the side OH COME ON THEY AREN'T EVEN LINED UP WITH MY EYES!!